Terms & Conditions
Your purchase of services from Only DJ’s (will be referred to as “The Firm” or “Us” in this document), is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Service. By accessing and/or using the website, you accept these terms and agree to be bound by them, and an agreement is formed between us and you. If you do not accept these Terms, you must refrain from using this website or making a purchase from this website.
This contract is subject to change without notification to the buyer, We reserve the right the alter this contract at any time, E & OE.
1) Payments & Pricing:
1) To secure a DJ booking a 20% booking fee of the inial quote must be paid by credit card, PayPal or by EFT in order to confirm a booking. Cheques are not accepted. To Secure an effects booking a 50% booking fee of the inial quote must be paid. The firm reserves the right to adjust the booking fee percentage. The booking fee may be the full amount if the event is on short notice.
2) All booking fee payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. Payment plan payments are 90% refundable. The client agrees to revoke any and all claims for a refund on this payment and understands that this payment is NON-REFUNDABLE.
3) Final payment via EFT (direct bank deposit), or credit card is due 10 business days prior to the event. If final payment is not received by the date of the event, we reserve the right to withhold the performer from attending the event. Unless an agreement with the firm is made to accept payment on-site prior. Payment must be made to the DJ commencing any music.
4) Credit card payments and PayPal electronic invoices will incur a 3.2% surcharge.
5) Stair fees must be paid on the night if the firm is not advised prior to the event. The standard stair fee is $80 per story. The stair fee is non-negotiable. The firm reserves the right to cancel a performance if the stair fee is not paid. Stair fees may not be applicable if the venue provides lift access.
6) Failure to make full payment before the due date will result in a 10% administration fee added to the full cost of the booking.
7) Overdue payments that exceed one month of the due date will be referred to a collection agency, with the client being liable for the additional collection fees.
8) The firm reserves the right to charge additional fees, should the client request an earlier setup time than the 1 or 2 hour slot allocated.
9) The firm reserves the right to amend pricing based on additional requirements. Additional requirements include any extra costs that the firm may incur to meet the requirements of the venue. This may occur when a client and or venue has withheld or failed to provide information about performer requirements prior to booking the firm.
10) Pricing is firm and Only DJ’s Melbourne will not enter into price haggling.
11) The firm reserves the right to amend pricing based on limited access to the venue, resulting in additional logistical actions being taken by the firm. For example, arriving earlier than scheduled in the booking form. Areas with limited access include but are not limited to the Docklands, South Warf, Albert park etcetera.
12) The client is responsible for any parking fees that the firm may incur that is a result of limited access to the venue.
13) The Firm reserves the right to amend pricing in the quotation of special effects based on additional requirements or long intervals between the use of effects. All quotes cover a 2-hour window which includes setup and use of the effects.
14) All EFT payments must be made 10 business days from the date of the event.
15) In the event of the firm being registered for GST the clients agree to pay the 10% GST on the price shown in the initial quotation/booking form. Failure to pay the performer being withheld from attending the event.
16) The firm reserves the right to amend pricing based on incorrect information being provided by the client. This may occur when a client has either intentionally or accidentally provided incorrect information at the point of booking the firm. The Firm reserves the right to withhold the performer or to terminate service if the client does not pay the new balance.
17) Failure to make an agreed on payment on the day of the event will result in a full cancellation of the service. The firm will not be liable for any non performance.
2) Cancellations/ Rescheduling:
1) Cancellations are considered a change of mind and refunds are subject to the firm’s discretion. Should you wish to cancel your service, we require 12 weeks notice in writing to be eligible for a partial refund. The initial booking fee payment is non-refundable, any payments made after the booking fee will be refunded at the firm’s discretion.
2) Should the client cancel within 10 business days of the event, the cancellation fee is 50% of the initial quote/booking price.
3) Failure to pay a cancellation fee will result in the firm referring the debt to a debt collection agency.
4) This cancellation fee is in process as soon as the booking is made, with no gestation period.
5) The firm reserves the right to refuse a reschedule. The firm may allow one rescheduling based on availability.
6) Rescheduling of the length of the booking is permitted by the firm. The firm reserves the right to issue a new fee structure based on the length of the booking.
7) Rescheduling of the date is subject to availability and prices may change to reflect demand. Booking fees may be forfeit as you will be entering into a new contract with the firm. The firm reserves the right to issue a new invoice based on the date of the new booking. I.E Peak period and off peak. See bottom of the page for Definition.
8) Refunds of the booking fee will be forfeit if the firm is not available on the date of a requested reschedule.
9) The firm reserves the right to cancel a booking. Any monies paid will be refunded via EFT.
1) Once entered into this contract, full refunds are not permitted, only partial refunds.
2) You are not entitled to a refund if you are simply unhappy with the performer.
3) All refunds are taken on a case by case basis and are NOT GUARANTEED by this contract.
4) Partial refunds are only given in the case of equipment being faulty at the fault of the firm (see section 5, 6)
5) Any disputes are to remain private between yourself and the firm, and signed documentation stating that you adhere to this is to be signed before any refunds can be given
6) Should you breach this contract by publicly renouncing the firm on any third party public forum, social media, online, verbal, printed etcetera, the firm retains the right to refuse a refund.
4) Event conduct & venue specifications:
1) We require a minimum of one hour to enter a venue and set up prior to the start time and also a similar time allowance at the end of the function to pack up.
2) If you are booking other entertainment as well as hiring our services, please consider the amount of space available and where you require the performer to set up. Speaker location is usually best if it is no greater than 3 metres either side of the performer.
3) All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment & liquor licenses. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
4) It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the equipment booked is suitable for use at the event venue. No refunds, part or full, will be given for non-use of specific equipment that cannot be used due to any venue restrictions imposed. No refunds, part or full, will be given if the client book insufficient sound equipment. Some venue layouts require additional speakers, failure to provide a floorplan will result in the client revoking any right to complain if the sound system is insufficient. Not all equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/or up staircases. It is the client’s responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions that may impede set up or restrict equipment use.
5) We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate our services at any time that we feel our personal safety is under threat. We do not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue. You will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
6) We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited or uninvited guests.
7) It is the responsibility of the client to make sure that there is an adequate provision of electrical power within five metres of our set-up point. We require a minimum of 3 x power outlets dedicated purely for our equipment (not in the form of an extension lead). Any damage caused to our equipment by an inadequate power supply or power interruption is the responsibility of the client. The client is fully responsible for any damage caused to the equipment caused by the use of noise limiters and the subsequent cut off and reintroduction of power without our consultation.
8) Should the booking end time pass, the firm retains the right to refuse to continue to play unless remunerated on the agreed-upon hourly rate. The firm will offer leeway in respect to precise time. For example, the firm is booked until 12 am and the music concludes at 12:04 am.
9) Should our DJ’s be performing outside, the client has a duty of care to provide heating, cooling and shelter in the event of extreme weather conditions. If heating is not supplied and temperatures drop below 10 degrees the firm reserves to right to stop performing.
10) A meal and water/soft drinks must be provided to the DJ and/or technicians if the event exceeds 3 hours. Failure to do so will result in the performer taking a legally required break and the firm accepts no responsibility for any refunds for non-performance during this break period.
1) Equipment supplied is subject to change depending on the requirements of the venue (i.e. size and acoustics), number of guests and availability of equipment.
2) Only staff employed by us may operate our equipment. Under no circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use the equipment owned by the firm. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to property, or injury to persons caused directly by third-party intervention. The firm reserves the right to cancel a booking if patrons attempt to use any equipment without any refund.
2i) The client agrees that they have a duty of care to ensure guests do not enter the DJ boot, use any of the equipment or place drinks in the vicinity of the booth and/or on speakers. If guests or patrons do use equipment without consent, all items will be retested at the cost to the client.
3) All equipment is to be returned in the same condition it went out. The client is responsible for any damage to our equipment caused by yourself or any person at your function. Client agrees to be charged for the full cost of any repairs or replacements required. (You will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused). This is to be charged to the specified credit card at retail value (-) any discounts.
4) For bubble machines, snow machines & smoke machines, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure they have the relevant permission from the venue for use of these services. Should there be any additional charges for cleaning up of the discharge from these machines, this is to be stood by the client.
5) If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we reserve the right to refuse to do so if the equipment is considered to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any component linked to it. The client is liable if post inspections prove that damage has been caused by faulty equipment other than ours.
6) We operate regularly serviced and maintained sound and lighting equipment and carry essential backup equipment. In the rare event of any equipment failure, an onsite repair will be attempted. If however there is an irreparable breakdown in lighting and/or sound a partial refund will be given, decided upon by us.
7) Lighting, sound and any other equipment may not be used by other entertainers or by any other person(s) except with the written permission of ONLY DJ’S Company management prior to the event.
8) Any intentional microphone drops will result in the client paying for the full replacement of a new microphone, irrespective if the damage is apparent or not. The client has a duty of care to inform all their guests using the microphone that dropping of the microphone is strictly prohibited.
9) The firm will reserve the right to be present during the entire booking, equipment will not be set up and left unattended to comply with WHS standards. Additional fees will be applicable.
10) If the firm is required to use in house equipment and a failure occurs. The firm accepts no responsibility for the broken equipment, sound quality or sound volume.
11) Equipment supplied is subject to change depending on the availability & functionality of the equipment. In the event equipment has been double-booked, the firms reserve the right to allocate new equipment or cancel the booking at their complete discretion.
12) The firms Gold, Diamond & Platinum record packages may change in accordance with the availability. Equipment will be alternated at the discretion of the firm.
6) Termination of contract:
1) We will not be liable for non-fulfilment of this contract by the Management and, or the performer, although every reasonable precaution will be taken. In the event of the client seeking compensation, we will not be liable under any such claim, and the contracted performer will only be liable for a sum up to and not exceeding the contracted amount.
2) We shall be entitled to terminate this contract without liability if for any reason beyond its control the performer is unable to perform, due to fire or theft of equipment, illness or breakdown of the vehicle. The entertainer will use all reasonable endeavours to locate a replacement performer. However, in the unlikely event of a non-performance, all monies paid will be refunded and this will be the limit of our liability to you the client. The client agrees that this is the limit of our liability when entering this contract.
3) Under Health & Safety laws, we can withdraw or refuse to perform in an unsafe building, access or venue where the safety of our representatives or the public may be jeopardised. In this unlikely event the booking will be terminated and the full booking fee payable.
1) We reserve the right to use any photography taken during the function period for promotional purposes. School and children events are exempt from this.
2) The client must advise the firm in writing if they do not wish photography and/or videography to be placed on social media.
3) To have no media placed on social media the client must advise the firm no later than 2 business days before the event.
4) The firm reserves the right to use any photography/videography on social media platforms if the client has not provided in writing a requested to not do so.
5) The firm reserves the right to share images of their DJ console and the venue on social media platforms.
6) The client agrees that once the event has transpired any and all images remain the right and property of the firm.
7) The firm reserves the right to take Photography & Videography as evidence for the work being completed. This data will be deleted in 12 months.
8) Laws of Victoria
1) These terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria, Australia. If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of this agreement, which will continue in full force and effect.
2) If you access the website in a jurisdiction other than Victoria, Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction, to the extent that they apply. The Firm makes no representations that the content of the website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
3) If any part of these terms are found to be void, invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then that provision or part will be deemed to be severed from these terms and the remaining terms and provisions of these terms will remain in force and constitute the agreement between you and The Firm.
4) The failure by The Firm to exercise or enforce any right or provision under these terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision under these terms will only be effective if it is in writing and signed by The Firm.
9) Playlists, Runsheets & Requests
1) Playlists will only be accepted in Word document, PDF, or excel spreadsheet format. The firm reserves the right to reject playlists that are:
- Images were taken by phone from a printed copy
- Spotify playlists
2) Runsheet modifications must be approved by the firm if they are within 3 days of the event.
3) The firm accepts no responsibility for any errors that may occur from last-minute changes that are made on the day or in the 3 day period.
4) Requests lists should consist of no more than 20-30.
5) Requests lists consisting of 70+ songs will have most played, however, the firm does not guarantee this. This is due to the average song consisting of approximately 3-4 minutes. With formalities, background music and structuring the event. There is a significant level of difficulty to incorporate all the different genres into the night and make it a successful event. The firm and the DJ reserve the right to make judgement calls on what will or will not be played. but will happily play the song if requested by the client.
10) Dry ice, low lying, Fireworks & Sparkular Effects
Effects in this section are used to describe any effects listed or not listed in this section, including but not limited to Dry ice, low lying fog, Fireworks, Sparkulars, confetti cannons etc.
1) The firm accepts no responsibly for the run time of the dry ice effect. The run time is an estimation and is a trade-off between run time and a more ambient effect. For example, longer laster effects will result in lighter clouds, shorter effects will result in more dense clouds. Refunds will not be issued on the basis of a short run time or limited effect.
2) The firm will not accept responsibility if the doors or windows are open and/or air conditioning, fans, or other cooling/heating devices interfere with the effect. Venues are requested by the firm to reduce or turn off said devices.
3) All bookings will receive 5KG of dry ice for this booking unless additional ice is requested. Requests for additional ice must be made in writing 3 days before the event. Due to the volatile nature of dry ice, this weight may not weigh 5KG when the Nimbus dry ice machine is operated.
4) The firm will endeavour to slow the decay rate of the dry ice by storing it in a sealed container, storing the sealed container in a freezer, and limiting exposure to the outside environment. Dry ice bookings for Sundays will experience higher decay rates due to the limited availability on Sundays.
5) In the rare event that all the dry ice has completely decayed, a partial refund will be issued. Proof of purchase of the dry ice will be provided on request.
6 In the event of a Total Fire ban and the firm is unable to obtain a Total Fire ban permit a full refund will be provided for the effects affected by the ban minus the delivery and staff costs.
7) The firm reserves the right to use its choice of a dry ice supplier. Dry ice provided by the customer will not be accepted unless arranged prior.
8) The firm reserves the right to charge for each use of the dry ice effects. For example, if the firm agrees to allow the customer to use additional dry ice and the operator has used the initial 5KG of dry ice, an additional hire fee will be charged.
9) The effect machines must be operated by the firm’s technician. Any unauthorised use or operation will void the booking and result in the full fee being charged and the booking being cancelled.
10) The firm will accept no responsibility if anyone is injured due to lack of security or unprofessional/unsafe handling of the dry ice by patrons/guests.
11) The firm reserves the right to issue an additional fee if the client fails to complete the effect service within 15 minutes of the designated time. The 15 minute grace period is a right reserved by the technician and the firm, not the client. This fee must be paid prior to the use of any effects, failure to make payment will result in the termination of the effects.
12) The firm is not responsible for any refunds if the client has failed to attain appropriate approval from the venue for the use of dry ice, fireworks, sparkular or low lying effects inside or outside of the venue.
13) Event Runsheet must be submitted 14 days prior to the event. Failure to provide correct timing information may result in additional fees if the event is behind or ahead of schedule.
14) Any changes to the run sheet must be within the 14 days notice period must be approved by the firm.
15) Outdoor & Indoor Fireworks must adhere to the agreed on time stated in the paperwork submitted to the regulatory body. Due to regulatory requirements once this is submitted it cannot be changed on the day.
16) The firm accepts no responsibility for the cleaning of confetti, damages to any property, or injuries. This is the client’s responsibility and by making payment they have acknowledged this responsibility.
17) In cases where there is no MC or event coordinator the technician must be made aware and must be allowed to control the dancefloor and/or other sections for safety purposes. Surcharges may apply if the technician is required to provide a PA system.
18) In extenuating circumstances, the firm reserves the right to change the type of effects used. For example, using low lying instead of dry ice or sparkulars instead of fireworks. Any refund that may be given is a right reserved by the firm.
19 If any firework or pyrotechnic effect does not fire or does not burn as it should, it is at the discretion of the firm to decide if a refund will be given for that effect.
20) If any engagement is cancelled by the customer within 20 working days of the party, all monies paid for our services, less any security bonds will be forfeited by the customer. If any engagement is cancelled with less than 40 working days notice, all monies paid, less 50% of the total will be refunded to the customer. If any engagement is cancelled with more than 40 working days notice, all monies paid, less 10% of the total will be refunded to the customer.
21) The firm reserves the right to not fire or use effects if anyone is in danger. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure all guests, venue staff, children and vendors are seated. Any refunds will be given at the firm’s discretion.
22) The client has a duty of care to ensure that all guests are informed to stay seated during any pyrotechnics effects. This can be done by asking the MC to announce it prior to any effects being used. We also highly recommend that any guests with children are advised prior to the event to keep their children seated.
23) The effects are not a guarantee if guests, vendors, patrons, staff or anyone else interfere with the effects during their time of use. This includes but not limited, airflow, doors being open, Aircondition being left on, children running through the effect, excessive twirling. ETC
11) DJ lessons
1) The firm reserves the right to cancel a lesson if the student becomes aggressive or violent towards their instructor, under the grounds of Work Health and Safety Act 2011. The full fee will be charged.
2) Students who take breaks will not have additional time added to their lesson.
3) If the student damages any of the equipment intentionally or unintentionally, the repair or replacement of the item is the responsibility of the parents/guardians and/or student. The firm will not accept these damages. The firm reserves the right to choose whether to repair or replace an item.
4) The firm reserves the right to refuse to offer repeat lessons to students who have displayed aggressive or violent behaviour, or the instructor believes that teaching them is out of their competence.
5) Refunds will not be issued if a lesson is terminated early or if the student doesn’t like the music.
6) The firm reserves the right to cancel a lesson if bulk lesson payments have not been received.
7) The firm reserves the right to void the discount if the client chooses to cancel the lessons. Cancellations of bulk lessons are refundable after the full fee has been deducted for each lesson provided.
8) The guardian or parent must be present on the property throughout the lesson. We do not conduct lessons without a parent or guardian being present.
9) 48 hours notice is required for any lesson to be rescheduled. The firm reserves the right to issue a rescheduling fee of 20% if notice is inside the 48 hour window. The firm reserves the right to chose if they will waive the fee or seek it.
12) DJ meetings
1) The firm reserves the right to choose a venue that is close to or a reasonable distance to the DJ.
2) Meetings will only be arranged once a booking has been made and the booking fee has been paid.
3) Meetings will last for a maximum of 1 hour.
4) Any food or beverages ordered will be paid for by the client, not by the firm.
5) By requesting and completing a meeting the client or persons requesting the meeting have agreed to give up their right to a refund in the event of a cancellation, regardless of the notice period.
6) Failure to attend a meeting by the client without 24 hours notice will result in additional charges for any future meetings.
13) Master of ceremony MC duties
1) MC duties that are provided are of a general nature. The firm will not detail lengthy stories or make jokes.
2) MC Duties are light and are basic.
3) MC duties will be completed to the best of the firms and the DJ’s ability.
4) Human error may result in minor mistakes. The firm reserves the right to refuse a refund if minor errors occur. The client agrees to accept human error within reason. For example, not proposing a toast.
5) The firm reserves the right to charge additional fees for more heavily involved MC duties. For example, telling stories or reading scripts.
6) The client agrees to communicate all changes to the run sheet with the firm. The firm will not accept responsibility for any failure or breakdown of communication on the part of the client. The firm will take measures to prevent failures or breakdowns in communication, with emails and calls.
7) If the DJ/MC is unable to see the room in full any services given is not guaranteed. The firm reserves the right to adjust floorplans to ensure they can provide a quality service.
1) The firm reserves the right to allocate DJs to events based on skills and availability. All bookings are booking the firm and not a specific DJ. The firm will allocate DJs in accordance with their skills or niche abilities to perform and give priorities to those bookings over others. For example, Greek DJs performing at Greek events.
2) In the event the firm must allocate an external contractor, the equipment shown in the initial quote may change. The firm reserves the right to adjust pricing and issue refunds at their discretion.
15) Work Health & Safety
1) The firm reserves the right for all their DJ’s & contractors to work in a smoke-free environment.
2) The firm reserves the right to provide a 12″ subwoofer in exchange for the 15′ subwoofer if the DJ or contractor has a medical condition that limits their ability to lift DJ equipment.
16) Corona Virus Terms & Conditions
- The firm will allow rescheduling of bookings to later dates. Exempting the 4 weeks in writing clause for those directly affected by the Coronavirus.
- To be eligible for a reschedule, the rescheduling of an event must be as a direct cause of the Coronavirus and the venue, not the client choosing to cancel the event. The venue must provide in writing that the cancellation is due to coronavirus.
- The firm will not refund cancellations that are made as a result of the Coronavirus and will retain the original booking fee.
- To have your booking fee credited to your rescheduled booking, the firm reserves the right to amend our quote based on peak or off peak days. Please see the definition of peak days for further information.
- Rescheduling a booking to an off peak day may result in being eligible for a discount up to $100 off the original booking fee.
- The firm reserves the right to offer a discount for rescheduling on a case by case basis.
- If the booking falls on an off peak day, the client will be able to have their entire booking fee applied if they require to reschedule due to the Corona Virus.
- Cancellations as a result directly of COVID may be eligible to receive a 50% of their booking fee to a new booking. The credit will only be available for 2 years after the original payment. The firm reserves the right to apply this at their own discretion.
Peak days: are days in which the demand for our services are at their highest. Peak days are every Saturday up to the 31st of October and Friday and Saturdays from November 1st to January 31st.
Off peak days: Are days where demand is lower for our services, that include Sunday to Friday up until October 31st. From November 1st to January 31st off peak days include Sunday to Thursdays.
The Coronavirus terms and conditions are in line with the recommendations made by Consumer affairs. Click here for more information.
Our 20% booking fee covers all our reasonable expenses incurred leading up to your event.
For Fireworks & Dry ice/ other effects we reserve the right to retain a 50% booking fee to cover the expenses involved including but not limited to paperwork, procuring the fireworks, dry ice and/or other effects.
These effects are a volatile nature that have a limited shelflife.
For further information from the ACCC for weddings and events please click HERE. We are adhering with their guidelines.2